Getting the Most Value from Your WooCommerce Shopping Cart
Perhaps you have a WooCommerce store that gets lots of traffic and is readily converting leads into happy customers. But how many of those customers are not coming back to your store to buy from you again and again because you don’t have an easy and effective way to follow-up? How much money are you leaving behind because your customers are missing out on important promotions and special offers?
The problem with relying on email drip campaigns for customer follow-up...
Many people today do not even check their email or may not do so in a timely manner. And your email promotions often get buried in their inbox along with hundreds of other emails that arrive daily. Some emails get caught in spam filters which limits the possibility of being seen even more. So how can you more effectively get in front of your customers at strategic times when they are likely to buy?
Customers today prefer communication through text messaging.
In today’s world, the majority of adults, teens and school age children rely on a smartphone. It is not uncommon for people eat with it, sleep with it, and have major anxiety when separated from it. People are texting as they are walking into oncoming traffic on the roads. Unfortunately too, many are texting and driving. This trend is only getting stronger by the day. It has changed the way people communicate. Text messaging has clearly become the preferred method of communication by smartphone users.
When comparing email marketing to text marketing, there are vast differences:
- Text messaging has a 98% open rate with most opened within a few minutes. Email has an average open rate of 34.5%.
- Text marketing as an average conversion rate of 8.2% in contrast to email marketing with a conversion rate of 1.7%.
- Most people are relying heavily on their phones. The average mobile user checks their device 150 times per day.
You may be wondering how you can take advantage of this explosive trend in SMS marketing and do it through your WooCommerce shopping cart.
Integrate SMS Text Marketing with Your WooCommerce Site through an API (Application Programming Interface)
Can you imagine the boost to your profits when your customers are automatically entered into a particular SMS text marketing list and receive text messages based on their buying behavior. You can automate promotions about new products that are likely to be of interest to them. Attach an HTML coupon that links to a product where customers can add to cart, enter a coupon code, and receive a discount at checkout. There is nothing as powerful as automated bulk SMS marketing to keep your customers engaged and boost your bottom line.
In order to make this work with your WooCommerce shopping cart, you will need:
- A SMS text messaging system that allows you to create and manage lists, send SMS at strategic times, and create HTML coupons if you wish to provide those to your customers.
- An SMS text system that can provide you with an API to allow communication between your WooCommerce Cart and the SMS software or development.
- An experienced software development company to develop the application and an API and integrate the API with your WooCommerce Site.
What if an SMS system with an API for integration with WooCommerce was already developed?
Fortunately, there is a solution called eZ SMS Blaster – SMS text marketing software that when installed in any WordPress site can be integrated with WooCommerce and other eCommerce sites to automate powerful functionality of the software.