Getting the Most Value from Your CRM
If you have a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system integrated with your business, you probably understand that the software goes way beyond storage and basic management of customer data. It allows you to stay connected to your customers through customized contacts, automated actions triggered by behavior, automated email communications, follow-up actions, and more. The end result is improved customer retention, strengthened branding and streamlined business operations.
Most CRM software allow you to configure email drip campaigns but here’s the problem.
Many people today do not even check their email. Their preferred and sometimes exclusive method of communication is through text messaging. And those who do check email may not do so in a timely manner, limiting results from time-sensitive promotions. Some email gets caught in spam filters and is easy to miss.
When comparing email marketing to text marketing, there are vast differences:
- Text messaging has a 98% open rate with most opened within a few minutes. Email has an average open rate of 34.5%.
- Text marketing as an average conversion rate of 8.2% in contrast to email marketing with a conversion rate of 1.7%.
- Most people are relying heavily on their phones. The average mobile user checks their device 150 times per day.
You may be wondering how you can take advantage of this explosive trend in SMS marketing and do it through your CRM.
Integrate SMS Text Marketing with Your CRM through an API (Application Programming Interface)
It may be possible to automatically put customers into a particular SMS text marketing list and send them text messages based on their interests and buying behavior. For example, it could send them alerts, communicate when a product is in stock, let them know when their order is available for pick up, and let them know about new products and services of interest to them. It can even attach an HTML coupon with immediate clickable actions that can significantly boost sales.
In order to make this work with your CRM, you will need:
- A SMS text messaging system that allows you to create and manage lists, send SMS at strategic times, and create HTML coupons if you wish to provide those to your customers.
- An SMS text system that can provide you with an API to allow communication between your CRM and the SMS software or development.
- An experienced software development company to develop the application and an API and integrate the API with your CRM.
What if an SMS system with an API for integration with your CRM was already developed?
Fortunately, there is a solution called eZ SMS Blaster – SMS text marketing software that when installed in any WordPress site can be integrated with a CRM to unleash powerful functionality beyond the basic functionality of the software.